Tuesday, April 12, 2016

I'm going to Jackson

click for larger view
For those that haven't heard yet, the bishop has appointed me to be the parochial vicar (assistant priest) at Our Lady of the Mountains in Jackson, Wyoming starting in July. This will also include the mission of the Chapel of the Sacred Heart in Grand Teton National Park and Holy Family Catholic Church in Thayne, Wyoming.

I am very sad to leave Sheridan County but also excited to minister in Teton and Lincoln Counties. The people of Sheridan County have been very good to me, and I am a better priest and a better person because of what I have learned from them.

I spent some time assigned to Jackson as a seminarian in the summer of 2010, so I already know the area and some of the people there. Hiking, climbing, rafting, and skiing opportunities abound, so I'm sure I won't waste getting to live in such fantastic surroundings. I won't get tired of this view, only about fifteen minutes from the parish:

No comments:

Post a Comment