Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Rome-bound

In a short time, I will be leaving my summer assignment at St. Matthew's in Gillette, Wyoming to join the Diocese of Cheyenne for a youth pilgrimage to Rome, the site of the martyrdom of Saints Peter and Paul and countless others. If Internet connections are easy to come by over there, and I'm told they are, then I hope to update this blog daily with pictures and stories. Stay tuned!

This is my first trip to Rome, so I am truly excited, but I am even more excited for the 100 plus youth from the diocese to see the physical center of our Faith (because the real center is always Christ) and to experience just how ancient our Catholic Church is. As an added bonus, we get to travel with our bishop, who actually did some of his seminary work in Rome. These kids have been fundraising for well over a year, and it will all pay off soon. Please pray for safe travels for all of us, and please pray that each of us may experience Christ's presence in His Church in new and profound ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment